So you’ve had a bump, accident or collision , you now have damage to your car body and are worried of the potential repair costs.. I remember the feeling! You’ve been surfing the net for a quote and there are so many different companies out there but you need a local car body repair garage to you to make it easier on your pocket and somebody you can trust. You need expert car body repairs in Liverpool.
Looking for decent advice on Car Body Repairs in the Liverpool area is very much a minefield, getting the right value for money and quality of workmanship versus paying through the nose for bad car body repairs.
Research of over 6,100 Car Body Repair Garages in the UK and the rate of Bodywork professionals can range from £50 per hour to over £230 per hour.
It is always best to shop around for price and look at the Car Body shop’s reviews on their social media and on Google. As an example, check out our Google reviews here https://g.page/cpr-car-body-repairs-ltd
If you do a google search on the Car Body Repair business then you will see the amount of reviews and stars they have as well as their years of trading. A decent company will have many high star reviews. How many, depends on how long they have been trading for and also if their Customers can be bothered to leave a review. It is always good to know that these customers who do leave a review, feel that the level of service that they have received , together with the price and quality of workmanship was great enough for them to look for this business online and actually put a review on them so it is important to know how much weight these reviews hold.
To help you understand what Car Body Repair you may need, we’ve put this quick guide together:
There is a large range of Car Body Repair Services such as:
- Light clear coat scratches – these are on the surface lacquer and have not gone into the paint layer below so will not require a paint spray to fix them but only a buffer to help buff them out – these aren’t very costly due to the limited work required to buff the scratch up
- Scuffed and scratched Paint – this is cosmetic damage and deep so will require to be painted and will be more costly
- More severe paint scratches – this is where the scratch has gone so deep, it has gone through to the base metal of the panel. This will require more work and effort to blend into the paintwork
- Vehicle body and panel dents – this depends on where the dent is as they can appear anywhere on the car and this will indicate how easy or harder to fix. The more severe the damage, the more work will have to be put into remedying the problem. It could be that you have to replace the panel which increases your costs or you could have the dent filled in so it is invisible and painted which is not as costly as replacing the panel.
- Rust Repairs – Cars deteriorate over time and especially with the wonderful UK rainy damp weather which can play havoc on your car body paintwork. This can result in small bubbles in the surface paintwork or worst case scenario, can result in heavy corrosion around the wheel arches with pitted dotted areas over the chrome. This just takes the pristine look off your vehicle.
- Collision Accident Damage – any general accident or collision with another vehicle whether it be stationery or not or even a lamp post or garden wall or we have had cars come in with Trolley Dings and dents from cars opening their doors and banging the next cars door causing damage. This results in deep gauges in the cars paintwork and is a much more complicated repair that may need filling, spray painting, blending and buffing. The most regular damage that we see in our Car Body Repair Garage in Liverpool is Bumper damage because this is the part of the vehicle that will incur the impact first and foremost before the rest of the car. This type of damage is more complicated and may require a new panel and we would never recommend you attempting to fix it yourself as it may reduce the cars value or not hold up in a future crash if not done professionally.
There are other Repairs to the Car or Van Body that will need attention to get that pristine look such as:
* Polished Alloy Wheels
* Damageless Wing Mirrors
* Faultless door handles
* Radiator Grills
* Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
* Powder coated Alloy Wheels
* Colour change Alloy Wheels
Car Body Repairs that are Essential :
* A damaged or missing Vehicle Number Plate
* A badly cracked or damaged front windscreen
* No wing mirrors or damaged wing mirrors
* Any damage with a sharpe edge that may stick out potentially injuring a pedestrian
* Anything whatsoever that is dangling and touching the floor
* Missing Wheel nuts
* Missing Drivers Wheel
* Faulty Brakes or hand brake
Quality & Finish
It is essential when looking for decent Car Body Repairs in Liverpool is that you find the right one to restore your car or vehicle to its former glory. The finish and quality of the paintwork is essential, this the first thing that you see when you look at the car and if the paintwork is sub standard then it ruins the overall look of the car and makes your repair look a waste of money.
If you have had a collision, there is a possibility to claim on your Car’s Insurance Policy which will have an excess and depending on that excess and the cost of the Repair , then it may be advised for you to exclude your Insurance company and just pay privately for this repair because your insurance premium will go up next year to cover this cost. So you have paid for the excess then you get it with a hike in the premium, so you end up paying for the whole job AND your Insurance premium in the price hike the following year. It is also a great idea to find a Car Body Repair Garage in Liverpool that will deal with the Insurance Company on your behalf which makes it hassle free for you and that’s just what you need!
Also, paying privately stops you damaging your no claims bonus so it simply is a no brainer.
BUT… if you do go through your Insurance company for your Car Body Repairs be aware that your Insurers are obliged to allow you to choose your own Repairer when claiming. Sometimes this is not made clear by the Insurers because its in their interests to get you to go to their Approved Repairers because they get commission from the repair. You need to go to a Car Body Repair Garage who will liaise with the Insurance Company and you will only need to pay them your excess and they will chase the Insurance Company for the cost of the repair less your excess. Some Insurance Companies may mess you around but a decent Car Body Repair Garage will take their time and deal with these nuances that the Insurance Company may put in the way. Don’t worry, your Insurance company will pay out your claim whether you have used their Approved Repairer or not as long as you have abided by their rules.
You are most welcome to pop into our Car Body Repair Garage in Liverpool for a chat or quote for your Car Body Repair needs https://www.scuffsnscratches.co.uk/car-body-repairs/. We will explain & take you through the process with no stress. We are here to help and we provide quality Car Body Repairs in and around the Liverpool area.
Call Joe to discuss your quote on 0151 909 3450 or complete our website enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as we can Contact CPR Liverpool | Body Repair Centre | Merseyside (scuffsnscratches.co.uk) . You can also email your car or vehicle photos to get a quote firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are most welcome to view our Google Reviews https://g.page/cpr-car-body-repairs-ltd and 5 Star rating or find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/CPRCarbodyrepairs or Instagram http://www.instagram.com/cprcarbodyrepairs for more reviews and to see the services that we provide. We have been established for 22 years providing high quality workmanship and service to our loyal customers who return time and again.
CPR Car Body Repairs
60-61 Love Lane
Call Joe on 0151 493 2600 or 07802348096
We look forward to hearing from you in the future